Tuesday, July 5

Rise of the undead


I am still alive and kicking, don't worry. Ohmygosh, the last time I ranted was like two months ago! I have approximately 3-4 months to my O-levels now. Feeling so super duper uber intense now! Btw, GE1 isn't over yet but I can't really be bothered to study for physics today. Reason being? Smart alec me thought that today I will be taking Human Geog and PHYSICS! So I studied everything by yesterday only to know this morning that actually, I'd only be taking Human Geog. Guaguaguagua...so noob! Recently, I think I've been tweeting more than updating FB. Twitter is just like a mini blogger. Only that I have to restrict myself to 160 characters.

Recently, I just went to Vietnam. Basically it is a really nice place to be and of course, the food there was pretty good. I personally love the Pho there because the soup is clear and rich, full of flavor. It's cooked by boiling the bones of the moomoo for like...hours and hours. The beef is tender and cooked just right. Oh and they provide you with weird vegetables (raw). Actually it isn't horrible, just that it makes me feel like a cow. Lol eating beef noodles feeling like a cow, I do see the irony in that. Shopping? Yeah cheap. Dirt cheap. Not try'na degrade Vietnam or anything but their equivalent of FOS sells really good stuff! like Abercrombie and Flitch, Forever 21, Zara, Armani (a few pieces) and etc. Basically, everything there is <$15 and yes, I mean it! But the only con is that, there is NO AIRCON and the place is really MESSY. So if you wanna look for cheap and good buys, you gotta endure the heat and literally, ransack that entire place. The staff there are actually really nice and friendly but the only bad thing is...THEY CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH. So it's like they can't understand you and vice versa. This happens EVERYWHERE. Except for in places like Parkson luh. That one is atas departmental store (: Then we also went to a jungle/ forest place where the Vietnamese soldiers and American soldiers fought during the war. I got to experiencee crawling through an underground tunnel. It was so dark, so narrow and SO SCARY. It was as though I would never see daylight again *dramatic music in background* anyway, I guess the soil in the forest is super fertile cos the earthworms/ millipedes/ centipede/ random worms idk of are friggin LONG and FAT. It's like the longest I saw was 15cm in length and the fattest was around the size of an average index/ middle finger. When I saw it I swear I was like " AHHH F**K"  :X I think I should do a Vietnam post...hmm...

Okay, recently Vanessa and I had the honour of trying out Gina's elder brother's cooking. So far we had tried his Aglio Olio which was really good and his Thai fried rice which in our opinion tasted like pepper lunch even though Benn denies it and claims that his fried rice is better...hmm. Okay and of course, his TomYam soup. honestly, I've always thought that Tom Yam soup should be like...spicy and sour? Benn claims that it is supposed to be sweet? Hmm...I guess his variation of Tom Yam was pretty good too? But personally, I prefer the super hot and spicy one ;)

That's all for today~ I will try to update my blog soon I guess?

P.S I think that blogger should have an Apple app like Tumblr?

No comments: